82nd AB DoD 1.3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLinkLog in
Welcome to the 82nd AB 505th PIR regiment. We hope you enjoy our server and forums. We are a DoD 1.3 realism unit and are proud to say the best unit in realism today! Please stop in the server and forums at anytime for a little fun =SALUTE=

Public Service Announcements: How to not get your account stolen

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Planer

Public Service Announcements: How to not get your account stolen Empty
PostSubject: Public Service Announcements: How to not get your account stolen   Public Service Announcements: How to not get your account stolen I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 5:59 pm

Since the majority of victims on my friends list are DoD 1.3 players, I decided that this announcement is very necessary and should have been posted a lot sooner. It's a bit frightening to think about since a lot of scammers do the same trick with stealing bank accounts.

HOW TO NOT GET YOUR ACCOUNT STOLEN.

Sometimes, fake sites will have "valve" or "steam" in its url, like "freesteamgames.com." Watch out for those too.

SAME APPLIES TO BANKING WEBSITES. If an email asks you to "verify" your account or something;
1. The email is probably fake.
2. The website url is probably not your banking website.
3. Even if so, it's fake for sure because banks don't send such emails out.

Public Service Announcements: How to not get your account stolen KNMQf
Back to top Go down
Ghob

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Announcements: How to not get your account stolen   Public Service Announcements: How to not get your account stolen I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 7:17 pm

Whats interesting is that the actual steam community page only has steam username and password and not the email and password....

So its like giving your steam account and email address willingly...
Back to top Go down
Planer

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Announcements: How to not get your account stolen   Public Service Announcements: How to not get your account stolen I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 11:03 pm

Thanks for pointing that out. Because of the way Steam works now, scammers also need your email and email password.

Victims of this scam would get both their Steam account and email account hijacked. That's how bad it is.
Back to top Go down
Helfert

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Announcements: How to not get your account stolen   Public Service Announcements: How to not get your account stolen I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 7:09 pm

24 FREE GAMES, WHERE DO I FIND THIS LINK? lol
Back to top Go down
Herrera [82nd AB]
Officer in Training
Officer in Training
Herrera [82nd AB]

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Announcements: How to not get your account stolen   Public Service Announcements: How to not get your account stolen I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 3:20 am

Site seems legit.
Back to top Go down
Ingalls [82nd AB]
Captain
Captain
Ingalls [82nd AB]

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Announcements: How to not get your account stolen   Public Service Announcements: How to not get your account stolen I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 10:34 am

Ya I caught one of these for Paypal once. An ebay seller actually had his payment setup to re-direct you to a fake Paypal site.
Back to top Go down
http://www.crossfirerecording.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Announcements: How to not get your account stolen   Public Service Announcements: How to not get your account stolen I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Public Service Announcements: How to not get your account stolen
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
82nd AB DoD 1.3 :: :: 82nd AB Field Office :: :: General Chat-
Jump to: